I spent two days in Las Vegas and although I’m glad I’ve been there, two days was enough for me. Some people go back there at least once a year, though. Do you want to know what all the fuzz is about? Are you planning a trip to Sin City? Here are ten things to do on your (or second, third, fourth …) first trip to Vegas:
1. Play the slots
2. Check out the fountain show at the Bellagio
3. Admire the canals at The Venetian (we saw a guy propose there to his girlfriend!)
4. Go to a free show at Treasure Island (but beware of pickpockets)
5. Or go see a free circus act at Circus Circus. They run all day.
6. Go clubbing. As a girl you can easily get in for free. Just walk around the Strip and there will be dozens of guys trying to convince you to come to club A or B that night. Be aware, though. Some of them tell you it’s custom to tip them to get on the guest list, but they actually get paid by the clubs. They get a certain amount per person they bring in.
7. Wander where all the glory has gone on Freemont Street, downtown Las Vegas.
8. Get flashy at the Neon Museum
9. Take an excursion to Hoover Dam, like fellow traveler Megan did.
10. Bring a jacket. It’s freezing inside the casinos!
Where to stay in Las Vegas
Check Booking.com for an extensive list of options for all budgets and needs.
If you’re looking for an apartment rather than a hotel, I recommend checking airbnb. Sign up through my link and get a discount on your first stay!
Pin for later
The links to Booking.com and TripAdvisor are affiliate links. If you book a stay through them, I earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thanks for supporting the site!