- Do you get overwhelmed by the amount of information out there when you’re planning a trip?
- Do you lack the time to spend hours researching activities and hotels?
- Do you feel anxious when you think about everything that could go wrong abroad?
- Do you want to give travel a bigger place in your life?
- Or maybe you’re just constantly looking for a next destination?
We've got you covered.
On Wonderful Wanderings, you’ll find:
- detailed travel itineraries based on actual trips
- practical information on how to plan a trip
- all the things you need to know before traveling to a country, like which currency to use and if you need a plug adapter
- reviews of travel gear, apps, and services we’ve personally tried and tested
What readers say
Who is behind Wonderful Wanderings?
Wonderful Wanderings was founded in 2012 by Sofie Couwenbergh. Dissatisfied with her job as marketing coordinator and copywriter, Sofie decided to combine her love for writing and passion for travel into a blog.
What was initially meant as a creative outlet soon drew the attention of readers from all over the world – and so the dream was born: to turn Wonderful Wanderings into a professional travel blog.
Since then, Sofie has been featured on sites like Business Insider, Thought Catalog, and The Washington Post and has contributed to national and international publications as well as big travel brand sites such as Expedia.
Close to 100,000 people read Wonderful Wanderings every month, and Sofie regularly shares her expertise at travel conferences such as Traverse and the Brussels Travel Top.
Wonderful Wanderings also has a few freelance contributors who share their own experiences traveling the world, and who research the best travel facts and tips for you.
How we roll
We don't care about checking off countries but prefer to visit places multiple times to gather in-depth information. We often return to the same country – and even the same city or region – multiple times to really get to know it and share you more than just the main sights to see.
You can find a list of the countries we've written about as well as some guest contributions about other countries on the destinations page.
So, what do you think? Sounds like your jam? Great! Then have a browse around the blog or see which travel resources we recommend using.
And if you have any questions, don't hesitate to shoot us a message at wanderer [at] wonderfulwanderings [dot] com.
Thanks for visiting the website. We look forward to helping you travel worry-free!