If you have any questions about the things you find here, don't hesitate to contact me.
Click on what you're looking for in the index or simply scroll down the page for an overview of the sites I use.
I've also added a few permanent deals that might be interesting.
- Travel deals
- Flight booking sites
- Tour companies
- Car rental
- Long distance train travel
- Travel insurance
- Money services
- Travel gear
- Pin for later
Below are a few deals for sites I don't use that often but that may come in handy for you.
- Get up to $1000 booking credit and up to a 65% discount at Sandals & Beaches resorts.
- Get 25% off at Room Mate Hotels with code ROOMMATECLUB. Book before December 30
- If you want to stay somewhere for a week or more, get great discounts on your stay with Extended Stay America. Offer ends December 31
- Get a rebate of up to $100 on your booking with Hotels.com using promo code REBATES19. Book before December 31
- Get €15 credit on Booking.com if you book via this link.
- Up to 60% off top hotel rooms with Reservations.com.
- Get a discount on your first Airbnb booking if you create an account using my link.
- $25 discount on every booking you make on the HotelTonight app when you use the promo code SCOUWENBERGH.
Discount plane tickets
- Find flights under $99 with CheapOAir. Deals until December 30
- Get up to $30 off flight fees with CheapOAir using code FLIGHT30 before the end of this year
- Get a $20 discount on flights from Turkish Airlines with discount code: FLYTK20. Book before December 31
- Get special fares from UK (London and Manchester) or the USA (Chicago, Los Angeles, New York and Washington DC) with Etihad Global Airways. See great deals until December 30
- Join Dollar Flight Club to get cheap flight alerts straight in your inbox.
- Dollar Flight Club also has a Premium Plus+ membership that allows you to book Business and First Class flights for up to 60% off. Use this link to go to the deals and use the code DFCbusiness50 to become a member at 50% of the normal price.
Vacation package deals
- Save an extra $150 on flight + hotel bookings at Orbitz with code SIGHTSEE150 (minimum spend $2000).
- Save up to $30 when you bundle your trip with CheapOair using the promo code VP30.
Travel gear deals
- Get deals on travel gear at the REI online outlet store.
- Get 10% off your Skyroam hotspot rental or purchase when you use the code “WONDERFULWANDERINGS” upon checking out.
Overland transportation deals
In this section, you'll find things such as rental car deals, discount train tickets, and great bus booking offers.
- Rent an RV starting from $49 a day with RV Share. Offer ends December 31
- Take up to $10 off rental car fees with CheapOAir using promo code CAR10. Offer ends December 31
- Save up to $15 off your rental car with Hertz. Offer ends December 31
- Save up to 30% on car rentals worldwide with Auto Europe Car Rentals
- Create an Uber account using my link and get a discount on your first ride
- Get 30% off tours at G Adventures
- US students save $75 on tours of 7 days or more with Contiki using the code STUDENT75. Book before December 31
- Save up to 40-50% on attractions in Chicago, Houston, San Francisco, Dallas, Atlanta, and Boston with CityPass!
- Pay only $99 for the Vegas Nights Helicopter Tour. Book before December 31
- Save in Las Vegas when you get tickets to shows The Beatles LOVE, Vegas! The show and Blue Man Group. Make sure you book before the end of December.
- $25 discount on your vacation photoshoot with Flytographer when you book through my link and use the code FLY25.
Booking.com is my go-to website for when I want to book a hotel or for when I just want to check out pricing and options for a specific trip. I love the flexibility they offer. You often only need to pay upon arrival and usually you can cancel up until two weeks, one week or even one day before you're supposed to check-in without any charge.
Click here to get €15 off your next booking
Whether I stay at a hotel or an apartment, depends on the kind of trip I'm doing. Whenever I opt for an apartment, Airbnb is my go-to booking site. I always make sure to book a place that has had several positive reviews and have never had any issues with it.
Read all about how to use airbnb here
Create an account via this link and get a discount on your first stay!
Flight booking sites
I only recently discovered Kiwi but love it already. You can just enter your departure destination and what dates you want to fly, and Kiwi will give you all of your options on a map together with the prices. It's super handy if you're just looking to get away and it doesn't matter to much where you're going. And if you want to combine multiple destinations, the Kiwi NOMAD tool gives you the cheapest possible route between them!
I use Kayak when I know where I want to go, but my dates are flexible. Kayak allows you to search within a time span of three days or a week both for your departure and arrival date, and even expands that flexibility up until a month when you're logged in. Super handy to find the cheapest days to fly.
I usually check Skyscanner after I've checked Kayak to make sure I've found all possible options. While Skyscanner doesn't allow that much flexibility in searching, it does bring up a lot of the smaller or budget airlines.
Viator is a tour booking company that works with local tour operators. So the experience is different every time, but I've now done several tours with them and it always went smoothly. The benefit is that you know what to expect as you book under their terms, and they offer tours worldwide.
Take Walks offers small group tours around the world. Often they have perks like skip-the-line entrance to sights and VIP access to areas that are otherwise closed off to tourists.
Read my review of their Colosseum Tour.
Read my review of their Skip-the-line Vatican and St. Peter's Basilica Tour.
FOOD TOURS! I love food, I love learning about local food culture and I love discovering the best places to eat anywhere. Eating Europe Tours offers all of this in a few hours. I've done three tours with them so far and absolutely loved all of them.
Read my review of their Prague tour.
Read my review of their London tour.
Read my review of their Rome tour.
GetYourGuide offers tours, skip-the-line tickets, city passes, transfers, and other experiences around the world. I love the user-friendliness of their platform. It's super easy to see what's included and what not and the booking process only takes a few minutes.
Rentalcars.com is a car rental booking platform that lets you compare more than 900 car rental companies at over 53,OOO locations all around the world. Using them means you dont have to check all the different rental car sites to compare prices and packages. Pretty handy!
Long distance train travel
I so prefer taking the Eurostar to go to London over flying there! I get in at Brussels South and get out again at St. Pancras, in the middle of the city. Much easier than dealing with airport hassle and luggage restrictions, plus, the trains have electricity sockets and all the new ones have WiFi too!
Like I take the Eurostar to go to London, I take the Thalys for Paris or for traveling to cities like Amsterdam and Cologne. It can be a bit more expensive than the regular train, but it isn't always, and it usually is much faster. Not to mention that you get a little table to work on and… electricity sockets :D
NMBS is the Belgian railroad company, but with NMBS Europe you can book trains all over Europe, including regional trains and Thalys, TGV and Eurostar. Just input your departure and arrival destinations and it'll give you all the options, including the option to buy your ticket.
As I have my travel insurance with a Belgian company that only caters to Belgians, I wanted to give you a worldwide option too and World Nomads is an insurance company a lot of my travel blogger friends recommend. Be sure to check them out because you really don't want to end up paying oversees hospital bills in case you fall off of something/run into something/catch something…
Touring is the company Boyfriend and I have our travel insurance with, and I actually also have roadside assistance with them. They only charge little over €100 for a year of travel insurance for Boyfriend and me together (because we live together). I've luckily never had to use their travel insurance, but their roadside assistance has come in handy quite a few times already! Yes, I'm one of those people who forget to turn out off their car lights…
The TransferWise Borderless Account is great as it allows you to have virtual bank accounts in different currencies, which means you can avoid fees when accepting payment in other currencies than that of your regular bank account. You only pay a small fee to transfer money over.
Read my review here
Sign up via my link and get a €500 transfer free of charge.
Pin for later
*Some of the links on this page are affiliate links. That means that if you buy something through these link, I earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. I recommend the companies listed here because I happily use them. If you're planning a trip or looking into getting some blogging tools and want to support this site, buying through this links will help you do that. I truly appreciate your support and am happy to answer any questions you may have.