Attention all marketers, PR's and brands: these guidelines do not apply to you. That also goes for everyone wanting to pitch me a “guest post” with a link back to a business. If you want to promote a brand, product or service, please read my Work with me page. Please don’t try to fool me by offering “unique content in exchange for a link”.
If you're thinking of pitching a guest post, please make sure you've had a thorough look at the kind of content I publish. My posts are long, detailed and focused on providing practical information. 700 words isn't going to cut it.
If you want to contribute a guest post, it's up to you to know what it should be about. Study the blog and pitch me something I haven't written about yet, in a format that fits my other content. It is not up to me to tell you what to write about but I can tell you this: the post needs to be about a destination that's already covered on the site and cover it from a new angle.
If I accept your pitch, your guest post should adhere to the following guidelines:
- Posts should be at least 2.000 words long and must contain at least seven images.
- You should do proper keyword research for your post and include keywords in your images as well.
- Images should be your own. I do not accept creative commons or stock photography for guest posts.
- Images should be landscape orientated and 700 px wide.
- All submitted content must be unique and cannot be published elsewhere, nor in the past, nor in the future.
- All submitted posts must be about a country already featured on the blog. You can find that list here
- All submitted posts should be written in grammatically correct English.
- Please include a bio at the bottom of the post with links to your blog and social media accounts (max three in total).
- Feel free to include two to three links to your own blog in the article where relevant.
- Feel free to include links to authorative sites to back up what you write. This does not include commercial sites.
- I reserve the right to add my own affiliate and internal links to the content.
- Send over your post in a Word file with the photos attached separately or via WeTransfer. If the photos should be placed somewhere specific in the post, please indicate this in the Word file. Do not put the photos in the Word file.
- I reserve the right to further optimize your post to have it rank well on Google. This means I may slightly alter the text, subheadings, and title. I only do this to make sure your post will be seen by as many people as possible.
What you get in return
- A short bio at the end of your post including links to your website and three social media accounts.
- Promotion of the article on my social media channels.
- The opportunity to introduce yourself to a new audience.
What I expect from you after publication
- You should promote the article on your social media channels, tagging Wonderful Wanderings.
- You should check back regularly to answer any comments on your post.
If you're interested in guest blogging on Wonderful Wanderings, feel free to contact me at sofie [at] wonderfulwanderings [dot] com with an article idea and a link to your website or writing samples. Please note that sending me a finished post does not guarantee that the post will be accepted.