I accept the following kinds of guest posts:
- Listicles focused on activities and foods: things to do in/things to see in/food hotspots/local dishes to try…
- City guides
- Packing tips
- Detailed posts about specific, preferably well-known attractions and sights
- Posts should be at least 700 words long and must contain at least three images.
Exception: Photo essays should contain at least 400 words and ten images.
Exception: if you contribute a list post about attractions/places/…, all items listed should be accompanied by a photo.
- Every list post must include at least 5 items.
- Images need to comply with all copyright rules (creative commons is okay, but photos you took yourself are better).
- Images should be landscape orientated and 700 px wide.
- All submitted content must be unique and cannot be published elsewhere, nor in the past, nor in the future.
- All submitted posts should be written in grammatically correct English.
- Please include a bio at the bottom of the post with links to your blog and social media accounts (max three).
- Feel free to include two to three links to your own blog in the article where relevant.
- Feel free to include links to authorative sites to back up what you write. This does not include commercial sites.
- I reserve the right to add my own affiliate and internal links to the content.
- Send over your post in a Word file with photos attached separately or via WeTransfer. If the photos should be placed somewhere specific in the post, please indicate this in the Word file.
- I reserve the right to optimize your post to have it rank well in Google. This means I may slightly alter the text, subheadings, and title. I only do this to make sure your post will be seen by as many people as possible.
Attention all marketers, PR’s and brands: these guidelines do not apply to you. If you want to promote a brand, product or service, please read our Work with me page. Me rates are competitive and flexible, so please don’t try to fool me by offering “unique content in exchange for a link”.
What you get in return
- A short bio at the end of your post including links to your website and three social media accounts.
- Promotion of the article through my social media channels.
- The opportunity to introduce yourself to a new audience.
What I expect from you after publication
- You should promote the article through your social media channels.
- You should check back regularly to answer any comments on your post.
If you’re interested in guest blogging on Wonderful Wanderings, feel free to contact me with an article idea and a link to your website or writing samples. Please note that sending me a finished post does not guarantee that the post will be accepted.